book-to-film adaptations: the hunger games
In a not-too-distant future, the United States of America has collapsed, weakened by drought, fire, famine, and war, to be replaced by Panem, a country divided into the Capitol and 12 districts. Each year, two young representatives from each district are selected by lottery to participate in The Hunger Games. Part entertainment, part brutal intimidation of the subjugated districts, the televised games are broadcasted throughout Panem as the 24 participants are forced to eliminate their competitors, literally, with all citizens required to watch. When 16-year-old Katniss’ young sister, Prim, is selected as the mining district’s female representative, Katniss volunteers to take her place. She and her male counterpart, Peeta, the son of the town baker who seems to have all the fighting skills of a lump of bread dough, will be pitted against bigger, stronger representatives who have trained for this their whole lives.
Lindsey Shaw as Katniss Everdeen
Ethan Peck as Gale Hawthorne
Alex Pettyfer as Peeta Mellark
Katniss: It’s not a fair comparison really. Gale and I were thrown together by a mutual need to survive. Peeta and I know the other’s survival means our own death.
- iamawonder likes this
- bro-matology likes this
- untidyblackhair likes this
- jpierrepontcriss likes this
- championofcharms likes this
- katarras reblogged this from stephwinchester
- cooky23x likes this
- letsjustkanyeshrug reblogged this from stephwinchester
- letsjustkanyeshrug said: D’aaaw I was picturing Ethan Peck as Gale too :P I’m sooo excited for the movie!
- letsjustkanyeshrug likes this
- puncturesarchive likes this
- alayne-stone likes this
- stephwinchester posted this